This summer has been a pretty mild one here in the Midwest. Some days I honestly thought it was September, not July!
But this past week summer has decided it is done pretending to be fall. The sun shone brighter, temperatures got higher and humidity was back with a vengeance.
What does that call for? Ice Cold Drinks.
I’m a huge advocate for smoothies, but sometimes a creamy smoothie is even too heavy for the dog days of summer. That means there’s only one option left –> slushies!
Slushies are a great addition to any summer day. Cool, refreshing,
full of sugar healthy! It’s true! Slushies are not destined to stay the sugar-laden, high calorie, only-a-once-in-a-while-treat. No, no, no. If done right – slushies can be a nutritious addition to any summer day.
I almost feel guilty labeling this a recipe with it only having 2 ingredients and 1 step!
By July 25, 2014Published:
- Yield: 2 cups (1 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
A healthy alternative for sugar-filled slushies.
- 1 cup watermelon kool-aid -made with 1 pkg. watermelon kook-aid concentrate and 1 cup Splenda (but can use any 1 -cup equivalent sweetener)
- 1 cup frozen watermelon chunks
- Blend in a high-powdered blender!
- If not thick enough, add additional ice or watermelon chunks. If too thick add more kool-aid!
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress