Happy December 26th!
Now a lot of people deem this day to be The Most Depressing Day of the Year
But it doesn’t have to be that way! For many reasons really (i.e. Jesus has already saved us, is born into our hearts every day of the year and alive in us with the Eucharist, but a different post entirely!)
On a more worldly level, you can make December 26th joyous by making some festive (and much healthier) Orange Cranberry Bread!
I’m sure you still have those extra cranberries laying around (or can add them to the next grocery list at least…) and some orange juice in your frig – so hop to it! You’ll have a sweet treat that fit for your New Year’s resolution in no time at all!
So onto the recipe…
By December 26, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 loaf (14 Servings)
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 60 mins
A healthy holiday recipe for Orange Cranberry Whole Wheat Bread
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sweetener of choice i.e. sugar, Splenda
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 TBSP. orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries chopped
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, sugar, egg, and orange juice. Fold in the flour mixture and then stir in the orange zest, cranberries, and walnuts.
- Scrape into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350°F until golden, mine took about 45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes, then invert on a wire rack. Flip over and cool. Slice and serve.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Merry December 26th! May everyday be filled with the joy of Christmas 🙂
recipe adapted from chobani.com