The title may have you thinking I’m upset… well I’m not, promise!
I’m just reviewing a little company called (you guessed it) “Oh Nuts!”
Oh Nuts is a company that sells a huge variety of products; everything from nuts (weird right?) to chocolate.
Specifically, I want to tell you guys about their tahini. Tahini is essential peanut butter, but made from sesame seeds. It is an essential ingredient when making your own hummus. I know it’s hard to find tahini – but look no longer! Oh Nuts sells it for $5.99 a jar which from my experience will make about 16 batches of hummus.
To be honest, I just finished off my jar and am going through a little bit of withdrawal…
So to help you out with your first few batches of hummus, here is my current favorite hummus (more to come!)
Warning: this hummus recipe is addictive. Not saying it was me…but I know a girl that can eat an entire batch of this hummus in 2 days…
Lean Green Hummus Extreme
By January 2, 2014Published:
- Prep: 10 mins
A delicious, creamy and extremely healthy hummus recipe
- 1 can chickpeas reserve juice from can!
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 TBSP tahini
- 1 TBSP olive oil or any oil
- 1/2 cup peas cooked
- 2 tsp. onion salt
- 1/2 onion
- 1 TBSP. minced garlic
- Drain chickpeas but reserve juice
- Add all ingredients (except juice) to blender and blend until smooth
- Add reserved juice if necessary to create desired consistency
- Enjoy with crackers, on fresh veggies, as a sandwich spread, by the spoonful! (I won't judge 🙂
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Have you ever made hummus? What’s your favorite kind?