It’s no breaking news that this girl LOVES her granola. But some mornings you just don’t have time for a bowl of granola and milk, or even have the ability to grab a container of yogurt and top it with granola. Furthermore, granola is expensive! $$ 🙁 And this girl is a college student. Nuf said.
So what’s a health-consious, budget-conscious, time-conscious gal to do?
Make her own granola bites! That’s what!
I used walnut butter from Artisana foods! So good – makes it taste very rich and indulgent 🙂 but it isn’t! Walnut butter is so high in healthy fats and even has some fiber, protein and iron! You can use any nut butter, but I highly recommend trying to find and use walnut butter.
These bites are super easy to make, quick, and use very common (and CHEAP) ingredients. Especially if you take a couple extra bananas at the dining hall when you go for your 2 free weekly meals. Shh… don’t tell!
Nutty Monkey Granola Bites
By February 18, 2014Published:
- Yield: 32 bites (32 Servings)
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
It's no breaking news that this girl LOVES her granola. But some mornings you just don't have time for a bowl of granola and milk, or …
- 3 whole bananas very ripe
- 1/4 cup walnut butter or any nut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 TBSP. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 cups oats I used quick cooking
- 2 1/2 cups rice krispies
- Preheat oven to 350* and line cupcake pan with liners or grease
- In a microwave safe bowl add bananas, coconut oil, honey, nut butter and heat for 30 seconds
- Add vanilla, salt and cinnamon. Place all these wet ingredients to a blender and blend til smooth
- Mix oats and rice krispies; pour blended mixture over and mix til everything is evenly wet
- Drop large spoonfuls into cupcake liners and press to make smooth.
- Bake for 30 minutes - edges will be slightly golden
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
p.s. – don’t you just love our Valentine’s day tablecloth? My roommate goes all out! She is so sweet and totally made my St. Valentine’s day one to remember!
Idea inspiration came from: thefirstmess.com