What’s cute and small? Sweet and crunchy? With a little bit of sass?
Well me when I was 5! (minus the crunch!) But also these Granola Muffins!
They are a perfect little treat that can be customized to fit any taste palate. Not to mention easy to make… so easy you can even get the children you babysit involved for a fun way to pass the time!
First things first – get you dry ingredients all stirred together (this is a perfect job for little hands)
Then… while the little one(s) are doing that, you can melt up the wet-ish side of things…
When it’s warm and all thoroughly mixed together, wait about 3-4 minutes after it starts simmering… then you are ready to pour it over the dry!
You’ll mix them together really well and press into muffin tins.
Then place in a 350* oven for 20ish minutes (sides will be golden brown)
Also a perfect on the go treat for you!
I threw these into the car as they were just cool enough to pack up before I went out and picked up the rest of the kids from school.
It was a perfect in the car snack! This is due to these Granola Muffin’s 3 qualities:
1. Healthy (so I can feel good about feeding them to children)
2. Delicious (so the kids actually want to eat them!)
3. More on the chewy side of things instead of crunchy … aka-not a HUGE mess in my backseat!
So here is the full out recipe-
-1/4 cup peanut butter
-1/4 cup honey
-2 TBSP. butter
-1 tsp. salt
-1 1/2 cups oats
-1/2 cup flour
-1/2 cup cereal of choice
-1/2 cup coconut (or any nuts/cereal)
-1 tsp. baking powder
-1/4 cup nuts (or any other mix-in… choco chips, raisins, etc.)
1. Mix dry together
2. Heat wet on stove, mashing banana and mixing well.
3. Let wet simmer on stove for 3-4 minutes, then remove and let cool a minute or two
4. Add to dry and mix well
5. Press big spoonfuls into muffin tin (greased)
6. Place in 350* oven for 20 minutes, sides of muffins should be golden
7. Cool, remove and ENJOY!