In attempts to keep my 2016 goals for more than a week, I found another meal to make with fish – Salmon Niçoise Salad.
Fun name, even more fun to eat.
I probably shouldn’t really call it a Salmon niçoise as a traditional French, salade niçoise is a salad of tomatoes, tuna, hard-boiled eggs, Niçoise olives, and anchovies, dressed with a vinaigrette.
Um… I used hard-boiled eggs and tomatoes? So that counts, right?
Well, I want to use the fancy sounding French word Niçoise so we’ll go with it.
For my Salmon Niçoise salad, I used cold smoked salmon, roasted potatoes, corn, cucumbers, grapefruit segments, cherry tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, fresh green beans and homemade croutons on a bed of spinach (not pictured is the homemade lemon vinaigrette that accompanied).
The homemade croutons were made by spritzing slices of thick whole-grain bread with cooking spray and sprinkling generously with course sea salt. They were then tossed onto a baking sheet and hung out in a 350* oven for 10 minutes.
Roast potatoes by microwaving them for 5 minutes so they’re fork tender. Then cut into chunks, toss with 1/2 TBSP butter (for every potato you roast-trust me, it’s enough) and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in 350* oven until golden (around 30 minutes).
Salmon Niçoise Salad
By January 19, 2016Published:
- Yield: 2 main meal salads (2 Servings)
- Prep: 45 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 mins
In attempts to keep my 2016 goals for more than a week, I found another meal to make with fish - Salmon Niçoise Salad. Fun name, …
- 2 servings cold smoked salmon
- 2 slices whole-grain bread made into croutons (see above)
- 2 whole, roasted potatoes already roasted and cooled
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 handful green beans fresh and trimmed
- 1/2 cup cucumbers sliced
- 2 whole eggs hardboiled
- 1 whole grapefruit segmented
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 servings vinaigrette of choice
- 2 cups spinach
- Layer salad any way you wish! Placing all ingredients neatly atop a bed of spinach or throwing it all together in one big bowl! Your salad, do as you wish. 🙂
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress