A long long time ago, before I ever thought about going off to college, taking classes called O-Chem or willingly choosing to stay in school over summer break – I made a little loaf of bread that earned the name: “English Muffin Bread”. You can read all about it, see the recipe, and laugh at my horrendous pictures by clicking here. (No, really, let’s all be grateful my photography skills have improved at least a little bit!)
A lot of things have changed since I posted that recipe…
I met these lovely ladies I wouldn’t be able to survive without!
Was blessed with my adorable niece
Went to ALASKA!
And survived being a teenager! WOOT.
I’ve had a pretty productive life, huh?
Well it doesn’t stop there folks! I also managed to redo the two year old English Muffin Bread recipe and make it healthier, tastier, and more photogenic 😉
Multigrain English Muffin Bread
By June 1, 2014Published:
- Yield: 1 loaf (16 Servings)
- Prep: 1 hr 15 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 2 hrs 0 min
A light yet hearty yeast bread that takes about the same amount of time as a quick bread!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup flaxseed milled for optimal nutrition
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 pkg. quick-rise yeast
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 3/4 cup warm water
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl
- Add to greased and floured loaf pan (9x5)
- Let rise 1 hour; preheat oven to 350* sometime in there
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown on top and pulling away from the sides
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
I love it with chocolate PB2 and bananas!
Or just regular peanut butter and carrots 🙂 Delish.
p.s. It’s also fabulous toasting bread!