Cakes in a cup…. aka CUPCAKES!

Cakes in a cup…. aka CUPCAKES!

So we’ve all heard how eating healthy can be broken into the 80/20 rule. Where 80% of the time you eat healthy fare and the other 20% is CUPCAKES!

Enter today’s post…. my BEAUUUUUtiful niece is getting baptized and I’m making the cupcakes for the reception afterwards.

Ready for some cupcakes?

I made both a Reese’s Cupcake and a Cappuccino Cupcake
(Don’t worry, both utilized cake mixes and are super easy to make-but look bakery bought!)



For the Reese’s (pictured above) – here’s the game plan:

1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Start with a Devil’s Food cake mix and make the batter according to directions, except-add an extra 1/4 cup sour cream, to make the batter a bit thicker and able to hold our additions 🙂
3. Pour batter into lined cupcake holders, about 1/4 full
4. Chop up some Reese’s peanut butter cups (I added a Hershey’s candy bar also), probably 2 packages of Reese’s – you don’t need too much. Sprinkle the chopped candy pieces evenly into each cupcake liner.

5. Melt 1/4 cup of peanut butter in the microwave.
6. Add remaining batter to cupcake liners so they are about 2/3 full.
7. Drizzle with melted peanut butter


8. Bake for 20 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean, you know the drift)












For the frosting…

1. Beat 1/4 cup cream cheese with 1/2 cup butter, add 1 cup peanut butter and 1 TBSP. vanilla extract
2. When smooth, add powdered sugar until very thick consistency
3. Add to a ziplock bag, or frosting bag and top cupcakes once they have cooled.


The Cappuccino ~



If you thought the Reese’s cupcake was easy, this one is even easier!

1. Preheat oven to 350*, prepare a French Vanilla cake mix but add 1/4 cup dry cappuccino powder
2. Finish preparing batter and add to lined cupcake holders, bake for 20 minutes-let cool
3. For frosting, add 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup cappuccino powder to mixer – beat until smooth.
4. Add powdered sugar until desired consistency, frost when cooled!

Light, fluffy and delicious!

ENJOY! What’s your favorite ’20’ food to indulge in?

Ice Cream for sure!!!



2 thoughts on “Cakes in a cup…. aka CUPCAKES!”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Follow Me


Get every new post on this blog delivered to your Inbox.

Join other followers: