Birthday Cake Bread
What do you get when you combine the best two tokens of joy on the face of this Earth? (no…. not myself and Taylor Swift silly! The next two tokens of joy!)
~ Sprinkles and Birthdays!
In case you were unaware of the new formula for happiness is:
Sprinkles + Birthdays = 😀
…it’s true, it’s proven!
So what do you get when you combine sprinkles and birthdays, with a side swipe of bread (another joy-bringer in my life!)
You get…. (drum roll please….)
BIRTHDAY CAKE BREAD!
Yes… you heard me right- Birthday. Cake. Bread.
It’s sweet, it’s moist, it’s delicious! And best of all – IT HAS SPRINKLES!
This bread will satisfy even the strongest sweet tooth-with no guilt! It’s a healthy bread! … are you guys really surprised? The Blissful Baker never tempts you with delicious looking treats that are bad for you!
>I’ve got your back!<
You could even serve these up with whipped cream or ice cream and have them instead of cake at your next birthday party! I
almost definitely like this bread more than cake anyways! It tastes just like Funfetti cake!
So why not just make Funfetti cake? Because of a few reasons..
1. It’s healthier
2. I like to switch things up!
3. You can toast it! Or make it into sandwiches! I mean really… what could be better than a cake-like bread, toasted and made into a sandwich!?
Nothing! That’s what!
-2/3 cup Greek yogurt (vanilla or plain)
-1/2 cup sugar (or any sweetener)
-1/4 cup applesauce
-1 small pkg. instant sugar-free vanilla pudding
-1/2 tsp. salt
-2 tsp. baking powder
-1 1/3 cup flour (whole wheat works fine)
-1 tsp. butter flavor extract (or vanilla if you don’t have butter flavor)
1. Cream yogurt, egg, sugar, applesauce and pudding
3. Add salt and baking powder
4. Slowly add flour
5. Fold in sprinkles
6. Dump batter into a greased and floured loaf pan and sprinkle top with more sprinkles!
7. Bake in a 350* oven for about 1 hour, use the toothpick test!
8. Remove and let cool in pan for 15-20 minutes
9. Enjoy like a little kid on their birthday!
Mmmm… sprinkles 🙂